A freezing but sunny day in Beijing... as I visit a small and colorful kindergarten to have a chat with Jo Dee (Wechat username) - a great educator with lots of positive energy to share. We discuss about her worldview, travel adventures, lgbt community projects and small things in between.
I first met Jo during a joint event between a group of Beijing artists and few hackers visiting China, back in October 2015. Jo and her friends were building "The Rainbow Ride" - a fun and colorful festival tricycle for sharing personal stories. Later in December we met again at Tsinghua University for a soldering workshop, organized by Mitch Altman and it was a lot of fun. After that event a common friend of ours gave a suggestion to interview Jo and share her story. I said yes immediately and you get to enjoy the conversation now ;).
- Traveled by bicycle from Mexico to Panama, during 3 months;
- Speaks English, Mandarin, Spanish and a bit of Thai;
- Active contributor to LGBT and feminist projects in China;
- Spontaneous decision making;
- Wants to rebrand the Pekin Duck into a symbolic rainbow duck that people can wear on T-Shirts :)
Subscription and reviews:
#tudornotes is out on iTunes' Podcast list. Feel free to subscribe and leave your reviews for more cool stuff to follow.
Ephedra - by "My Sleeping Karma"