Tools to grow your "brain value”
Today, I have put together a small list of tools and fun apps, so you can bring more fun, knowledge and healthy vibes into your week. I personally tested and play with these tools on a permanent basis. I would no recommend something that I don’t believe will bring a great value to your life.
Here we go.
For your body:
- Freeletics or Runtastic Results - short and intense workouts without any equipment or need for a gym.
- Kitchen Stories - fun and easy way to cook new meals. Quick fact - more than 70% of how you look and feel (physically) depends on what you eat, not your workout routine.
- Fitbit - all in one fitness data app. The app makes sense if you buy a fitbit fitness tracker, preferably with a heart rate monitor.
- Runtastic - if running is your favorite exercise.
For your brain:
- Caml or Headspace - mindful meditation in the morning or when you feel the need to shut the F* up.
- Elevate - brain exercises to improve your memory, thinking speed, speaking errors etc
- Kindle - the best way to read books, besides print.
- Genius - I am using it to consume poetry, but it’s created for music discovery and lyrics.
- Quora - get your answers.
- Wikipedia - when bored click on "random article” feature and learn something new.
- Medium - a great way to discover stories and interesting people.
- UrbanDictionary - because culture is so diverse, double check your writing.
- Evernote - your external brain. Remember everything.
For your performance at work:
- Momentum - get one important thing done. Every day.
- Pomodoro - make your tasks look like tasty, small and fun tomatoes
- Trello - drag to the right, or left.
- Slack - get rid of emails, within your team.
- Google Apps - because Google.
- Twitter - unlike Facebook, you can actually learn something or find useful content.
Tip: This may sounds strange from a minimalistic lifestyle / lean budget person but I suggest to always get the premium (paid version) for the apps you like. You get so much more value and quality content than trying to save those 3-5 euros a month for your beer. Trust me, your health and brain deserves a premium attitude.
Now, I am curious to read what are your favorite apps and techniques to make your day better, so please leave a comment below.